whoze bin messin' wif da weather ?

Started by balsum fractus, January 05, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stetto

Quote from: Onepoint on January 24, 2022, 06:34:01 AM
I forgot to remind you, enjoy that now, because summer is going to be 'interesting' to hear about.   :icon_razz:

I've heard. The PuddinFace gave us almost daily reminders of how hot it gets (high 80s?) She wines at the drop of a pudding cup anymore.

Besides, I'll likely spend a bulk of my summer sharing YOUR weather... :devil:

Nony, think prairie dog:icon_razz: :icon_mrgreen: 8) :eek5:

balsum fractus

Quote from: stetto on January 24, 2022, 02:13:48 PM

Okay, but last time I checked, they had 4 legs....😁

Onepoint

Chupacabras, goblins and zombies, but probably not Sasquatch or Godzilla, I guess I should have been more specific.   :icon_biggrin:

stetto

Quote from: balsum fractus on January 24, 2022, 03:33:00 PM
Quote from: stetto on January 24, 2022, 02:13:48 PM

Okay, but last time I checked, they had 4 legs....😁

Ah, but how often are they seen using more than two of them?

stetto

Huh, snow. About 6" here in northwest CO Springs so far, where the PuddinFace is at Cheyenne Mt they have about 14", just 5 or so miles away. Supposed to continue, ÷/- another 3 through the day.

No wind though. Still, this town has virtually shut down. They seem to approach it differently here, no panic mode or doomsday tones like they'd do in Fargo, these people are celebrating the inconvenience.

Kind of refreshing, actually. I just don't know if I should trudge out with the garbage, no one else on our street have...

Onepoint

We got a shot of cold, had almost 60 and hurricane wind Monday, was cooler yesterday and started to snow just before dark, that stopped at about an inch so far, the predict 2-4" for us, but the cold air is slinking down from the north uninvited, supposed to be low teens today, and if it clears off negative teens tonight.  :errrr:

balsum fractus

Deep freeze here.....and windy.....   but supposed to be above freezing by the weekend. Oh Yay, more ice!!

jetmex

The seesaw continues.  74 degrees yesterday, now it's raining and 41, will be dropping to freezing later this afternoon.  It doesn't look like we'll be getting any of the ssssnnn........sssssss.........snnnnnnn.....that they're getting further north, but there could be ice on the ground by morning if it keeps raining.  You northern gate guardians are slacking again.

balsum fractus

Bad news Jetmex.......the gate is gone.......the wind done blowed it clear off its' hinges and into the next county.......prolly buried under a glacier by now!

jetmex

QuoteBad news Jetmex.......the gate is gone...

Don't make me come up there and fix it.  It'll be winter forever for y'all if I do!   :icon_mrgreen:

Well, the rain stopped, so there was no ice, but that wind has the chills into the low 20s.  The ice line stopped just north of us.

balsum fractus

Quote from: jetmex on February 04, 2022, 08:14:42 AM
QuoteBad news Jetmex.......the gate is gone...

Don't make me come up there and fix it.  It'll be winter forever for y'all if I do!   :icon_mrgreen:

Reckon it would take a professional fence mendin' hay feedin' mid west rancher type to fix this one!

Onepoint

Heh, if my fencing works like it does for my cattle, buy a coat.  :disturbed:

jetmex

QuoteHeh, if my fencing works like it does for my cattle, buy a coat.

We've got some leftover pieces of border wall down here if you think it will help!   :disturbed:

Much better today - sun is shining and it's 62 degrees outside!!

And if you think you had a rough day:

https://www.tpr.org/texas/2022-02-04/traffic-jam-continues-after-motorists-get-stuck-on-i-10-at-kerrville-overnight

Some people were out there 18 hours.  I-10 west of Kerrville is a series of pretty steep hills.  An 18 wheeler couldn't make the climb because of the ice on the road and jackknifed, blocking both lanes.  Took a while to get recovery vehicles there because the backup was more than a few miles long.

balsum fractus

stetto

Our furnace quit last night. We're at 59° inside.

Timing. Expecting snow and dropping temps tonight.

Got a new furnace being installed as I type, glad we aren't doing this right now in MN. Dylan says they have another blizzard going on.