whoze bin messin' wif da weather ?

Started by balsum fractus, January 05, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onepoint

The days have not been too terrible, cool and breezy, but dang the bottom still falls out at night, 15 night before last and we are at 20 right now.  Never di get get much besides some fog, not that I am sorry we missed the snow they got east of us since we started calving, but kind of worried about moisture for pasture and crops now if it keeps up, supposed to be another round this week end, we'll see.

Onepoint

Finally got some rain out of all these fronts going through, not much, but at least we have a puddle this morning, its starting to get worrisome how dry its been since fall.

stetto

Wind. 61° and wind. Was going to smoke a beef tenderloin today, but the wind!

Looks like I'll be cutting filets...in the wind...

jetmex

The week started off wet and has now turned beautiful.  Lows in the upper 50s, highs in the upper 70s, severe clear.  All the really nasty stuff that was headed this way went well north of us.  It's supposed to be raining again this weekend, then back to the nice stuff.

Onepoint

We have been enjoying some nice weather, high 60s then high 70s, windy but not so bad to be out in most of the time.  That ends starting today so I hear. Still warm today, but wind by late today supposed to be gusting to 50.  48 Saturday, rain by the afternoon changing to snow over night winds up to 50, 2" to 4" predicted of snow and rain over an inch.

Got calves popping out all over the place now, so glad I held the bulls out so I would calve in good weather. :eusa_doh:

Onepoint

Ugh, that was not fun, very little moisture, which I was thankful for, they had a blizzard 70 miles north of us.  But we had some true hurricane winds. Records set in Cheyenne and several other places, Cheyenne clocked 90mph at the port of entry south of town for one example.  Someone who has a weather station like mine posted a picture they had 106mph steady wind with 122 gusts near Laramie WY. :eek5:. 9 semis went over in a 30 mile stretch between Wellington CO and Cheyenne in about 6 hours time frame.

Nebraska faired worse,  250+ power poles went down over 5 counties in NE and WY, but mostly in NE, some areas in Gering to the east of us will go without power up to a week they said. Multiple reports of trees down and roads blocked

We never lost power, but did internet for about 4 hours, it was brutal.

wtxsflyr

Onepoint

Turned out to be low, almost 500 poles across the 2 states, most of them in one power company district, but crews have come from all over and they had 190 back in yesterday already.

Onepoint

Its been 'unsettled' for the past week,  a couple nice days, then maybe a shower, nothing real wet so far, which is concerning, its a dry spring, again.

ON the other hand I would keep it this way than suffer what eastern NE went through, those tornadoes they had were apocalyptical, it scoured the earth in some places.

stetto

We have hard snow falling that started out as thunderstorms earlier. I hear it's raining just a couple miles south.

I played golf yesterday morning, mid-60s.

Looks to be an all day (and night) event. Got the rain guage up, I'll update when she's done. It's heading north-by-northeast, Honcho. You might get a taste.