whoze bin messin' wif da weather ?

Started by balsum fractus, January 05, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetmex

A little bit of rain here, too, Carl.  Not too much, but the cloud cover has kept the temps down.  I don't think it got to 90 today.  Today was the first day in quite a while it's been cool enough in the garage to paint some model airplanes.

balsum fractus

What a difference a few days make.....after nearly melting over the hot long weekend, the coolness has come back, and the leaves are starting to change color, and it is raining (thankfully.....there have been a number of grass fires locally...)

Onepoint

We just baked the last 6 days mid to high 90s, couple of triple digits and relentless sun and breezy at times.  That changed last night, finally Nony sent us us some cool our way, got a little carried away with it, supposed to be 60 for a high today and tomorrow with possible drizzle and thir, thir, thirties for a low.  But I suppose its not Nony, he just sends what's ordered, it's the national weather service, their 'service' sucks, I guess they don't understand you have to ease us into the idea of summer ending, not just dump mid fall on us after we have been dehydrated like apples.

jetmex

It's beautiful here this week, 86 degrees, low humidity and a breeze from the north.  It's shaping up to be a fine weekend for the Bomber Field event in a few days!

Onepoint

We went from close to 100 one day to 60 for a high the next, I froze, but hey, at least it's a dry cold.   :eusa_wall:  We did bounce back to some pleasant mid-eighties to 90 and forecast to stay that way with occasional clouds that rain on someone else.

balsum fractus

It is cooling down.......

Most of our winds are from the south.......someone down there must be creating a vortex!

Onepoint

Its been such a dry and just odd weather year,  we have had just a handful of thunderstorms, and of those nothing too severe, mostly wind.  Mid Sept here usually means we get cold fronts that bring cold rain showers and maybe drizzle if not snow.  Yesterday we had a wild lightning storm roll over us, had a strike pretty dang close somewhere, I looked at the trees but haven't seen if one was hit yet, but there was a loud pop, like a gunshot and then the thunder.  And we did get a 1/2" of rain with no hail which is a good thing.  Looks like one last hurrah of 90s Monday, and then summer is over for real with some 60s for highs after.

stetto

I. Like. 60s.

After a week in Blue River CO my focus is officially switched from temperature to oxygen content. It was grueling work seeking those rare and invisible molecules of breathing stuff. The Springs ain't bad @ 17%, but 13% made my survival questionable.

jetmex

Well, I thought it was fall.  The Bomber event sweltered under 90+ degrees and a whole lot of humid, and the forecast for the coming week includes a couple of 100 degree days.  But there's always a "trace" of rain in the forecast!

balsum fractus

Onepoint

Me either, though I don't know if it's reward for all summer or taunting us for what is coming.

stetto

I'm smoking a butter-rub encased pork butt this weekend. Y'all come! Looking at mid 70s and severe clear for Saturday!

jetmex

Fall finally fell!  58 degrees this morning, it's 81 now with a nice breeze coming from the great white north.  Drove all the humidity out as well, and I suspect the 90+ degree days are over for a while.

Onepoint

Yeah we had a spate of warm weather, I suspect the last of the high 80s we will see until next year.  Now its 60s and 70 the next few 40s at night, with 'unsettled' weather, meaning I will get pelted with a rain shower if I stray too far from the house without a coat.  Not been too bad of a fall so far though.

balsum fractus

Been unbelievably nice for the past several weeks.....the summer we should have had!

(I'll come back and read this in February when I am trying to chip my fingers off a metal flagpole...😁)