Happy April, Fools

Started by stetto, April 01, 2013, 07:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stetto

It's 0 degrees this morning. There's still 3 feet of granite-hard snow from 3 days of 50+ temps and the nice hard freeze today.

Our well quit, right after I ran water for coffee. The well housing is inside a block of ice, surrounded by 4-foot drifts.

Well fixin' is not one of my skills, and NO ONE is answering their phones this morning.

Some days it doesn't pay to wake up on April 1st.

:eusa_wall:

Onepoint

Well, if it makes you feel better, we are 50 and bone dry right now.  I was out yesterday all day without a coat even.

stetto

I do not feel better, though the water's back on. The earlier snow melt got into the well housing and made a mess of the wiring. I'll be building a new well house this spring.

I just read that we have more snow on the ground later this spring than at any time since the late 1800s. Supposed to get a "flood-trigger" this weekend, an inch of rain and actual warmer temps (for you Texicans, that would STILL be parka weather  :disturbed: ).

Onepoint

That's OK , it didn't make me feel any better either. :icon_biggrin:

stetto

Hee hee hee hee, the bastiges are at it again! Last night we're told to expect up to an inch and a half of rain this weekend. This morning it's "6-10 inches of wet, heavy snow".

:eusa_wall: