HEY!!!

Started by Hanging Chad, July 03, 2021, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanging Chad

.....where the heck have y'all been?

balsum fractus

Hey, you found it! That link must have worked   !

Welcome back, my friend!

Onepoint

Welcome back Greg!

stetto

Mr. Reid! S'been a long long while!

Good to see you here.

Hanging Chad

Yeah, it's been a hot minute. I stepped over that ol' berm over there to relieve myself, I come back 15 minutes later and everybody is old!...er... maybe that was 15 years come to think of it..

balsum fractus

Yeah, we seem to have morphed into a group of crotchety old timers who like to complain about the weather.......but we still enjoy each others company!!

😁😂

jetmex

QuoteI come back 15 minutes later and everybody is old!.

I got older.  I didn't get old!!   :icon_mrgreen:

Long time so see Greg!

Hanging Chad

Jaime my friend! Yes, been a long time.
I was trying to find this place off and on for quite a while. For some reason, I never got to the forum. I think if I searched 'Fubar Hill' it took me to the old site and when I clicked 'forum' it was a 'File 404' not found deal. Wayne told me to search 'Fubar Hill Forums'....and well, here I am.
Next thing you know, I'll be trying to fly airplanes again....speaking of which, I went to my old club's flying site and I felt like an absolute newcomer. Nothing goes 'VROOOM-VROOM'  any more. They all go 'zzzzzzz-zzzzz' and use a lot of batteries.

Onepoint

Yeah, its a whole different world now.  Its basically illegal for me to fly anymore as I refuse to register, pay and comply with all the new regs, for about anything anymore.  So I just do what I do, and wait for the feds to show up.   :disturbed: 

Hanging Chad

Still the same old non-conformist huh Eric? ;)
I really would like to fly again. I'm even thinking about getting a....gulp.....DRONE. Maybe I'll put some stars'n bars on it and camo paint?
If I had a big field in my backyard like the Head Honcho there, I never would have stopped. Got burned out with all the load it up, unload it, forgot something, wait for the frequency to open, crash, rinse and repeat. Never got rid of my stash though.
Got a basement full of RC goodies.

stetto

Greg, didnchoo open a bbq joint? Hope it still goes well. Some of our favorite mom&pop eateries are now and forever gone, eviscerated via lockdown...

Onepoint

Yeah, I guess some things don't change all that much.   :icon_smile:  There is a lot more mowing the 'big yard' than flying off it now days.  I did get into electrics, though I still have all the glow and gas stuff. I just got lazy about dragging it all out for a flight or 2.  I also have a DJI drone with FPV, but mainly for videos and pic for the farm.  I fly it just often enough to forget nearly everything about it and spend most of the time trying to remember or looking up the manual to figure out how to get it out of the mode I just put it into by mistake as it tries to follow me in the house.

The older I get the more of a pussy I am braving weather extremes to do the fun stuff, like flying and shooting etc.  I blame global warming.

Hanging Chad

Quote from: stetto on July 08, 2021, 11:32:57 AM
Greg, didnchoo open a bbq joint? Hope it still goes well. Some of our favorite mom&pop eateries are now and forever gone, eviscerated via lockdown...

Yeah, we had a restaurant. It lasted for 5 years....and it took another 5 to recover. That was a traumatic experience..but there were good times too. Had a good loyal customer base but there just wasn't any profit in it. I worked 40 hrs a week at my job and probably put in another 50 a week there. It just about killed us both. I wasn't that big to begin with (6'2" 220lbs) but I lost 38 lbs in the first year. People at my job thought I had AIDS!

Hanging Chad

Quote from: Onepoint on July 08, 2021, 08:33:39 PM
  I fly it just often enough to forget nearly everything about it and spend most of the time trying to remember or looking up the manual to figure out how to get it out of the mode I just put it into by mistake as it tries to follow me in the house.

Now, that really sounds like something that could happen to me. I spend most of my evenings tinkering with one car or another, or gardening. I wish I had half the time back that I've spent looking for something that I had in my hand 2 minutes ago. Maybe I need to put everything in the fridge right next to the Lite beer.

Onepoint

Heck I can't find the beer half the time in the fridge, but no problem, half the time before I can get the entire phrase out "I can't find..." she who can find anything in the fridge tells me where its at.   :disturbed:

That's too bad the restaurant didn't pay off,  sounds a lot like farming, lot of work you pay to do.  I suppose except with restaurants the environment gets way too peopley, and demanding too I imagine.