whoze bin messin' wif da weather ?

Started by balsum fractus, January 05, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtxsflyr

Got up to 70 yesterday, 18 this morning with a high of 30. Supposed to repeat this through Sunday and then 50's for highs with mid 30's and rain next week.

jetmex

Almost the same forecast here, Carl, but we might be a little warmer next week than you will be.

Onepoint

We may finally break out, 30s tomorrow, then normal 40s, which will feel welcome after this crap.

jetmex

That north gate is still open.  15kt wind all day, been hovering around 40 since early this morning.  Supposed to be warmer and raining tomorrow...

Onepoint

Oh it will get better, we hit 43 today, 1st time in a couple weeks.

wtxsflyr

balsum fractus

Out of the freezer, got some snow, and now it is going to melt........

jetmex

Rogue commandos from south Texas today invaded Canada and closed the gate north of Frostbite Falls, MN that was allowing arctic air into the United States.  As a result, temperatures in Texas were a more seasonable 72 degrees with severe sunshine today, reversing a weeks long trend of the phenomenon  known as "winter".  It is hoped that the commando action will achieve permanent results until spring....

Onepoint

Dang something strange is happening, its actually nice out, clear, calm and supposed to be 60 today.  It will be sloppy as our snow is slow to go, but hopefully will be bare by the end of the week when they say some more snow is on the way.

The few days or so before we dropped into the arctic, we had the 7" and then we had a day of 30s, I tried to blade some of the snow, but ended up just making some paths as wide as the vehicles with snow berms to the side, then it froze sold.  I think it was worse trying to walk over the frozen snow mounds than if I just left it.  The ground is still so cold the snow is reluctant to melt despite it being warm most of the week.  This reminds me of winter, Do Not Like.  Might have to leave a bad yelp review.

balsum fractus

Guess who is under water restrictions in January??

Yup....us!

Not weather related, though......one of the water treatment plants broke down....they have no idea when it will be fixed!

Onepoint

Well at least you don't have to worry about the lawn burning up.  :thinkerg:

balsum fractus

Would you believe it is supposed to get up to 55 F today?!?

stetto

It was 62° here yesterday, supposed to be 65° today, then 67° tomorrow and Thursday...

....snow on Friday...go figger

balsum fractus

Ah......but only if "they" are right.......😄

Onepoint

Yeah, 'they' are sure making a lot of noise of the storm coming for it only being 1-3" and back in the 50s by next week.