If y’all are so inclined!

Started by wtxsflyr, November 06, 2023, 10:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtxsflyr

Billie Sue is in surgery as I type this, so if y'all are so inclined, we would appreciate all the prayers you care to send up.  I will update y'all as best I can.

Thanks,
Carl

stetto

So sorry to hear, Carl. Prayers and prayers from CO Springs.

balsum fractus

Hope all goes well for Billie Sue!

My wife had surgery a couple of weeks ago.....it was a lot more invasive than what we were lead to believe, but she bounced right out of it!

Onepoint

Sorry to hear. Prayers on the way. Let us know how she fares.

wtxsflyr

Well, surgery took a little over 4 hours. She did fine, we didn't get the outcome we were hoping for. She will have to have another surgery in 9-12 months.

She should get to come home Thursday or Friday.

Thank you all for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Onepoint

Well glad shes out of it, but sorry she has to go through it again.   

balsum fractus

Wow.....best wishes for a smooth recovery from that one.

wtxsflyr

Thanks everyone.  She had a bout of diverticulitis over Easter this year.  It was bad enough that it caused what is called a colo-vesicle fistula.  Basically a hole in her colon.  They went in to remove the bad section of her colon and then reconnect it.  But when they got in there it was much more inflamed than they thought, so they couldn't reconnect it.  9-12 months from now it should be healed and then they can reconnect everything. Hopefully get to bring her home tomorrow.

Onepoint

Thats a miserable surgery, I have a cousin who struggled with it.  Hoping for quick healing.

wtxsflyr

Got her home.  She is much happier now!

Thank y'all again.

balsum fractus

balsum fractus

wtxsflyr

She is doing really good.  Home health came today and removed her staples (18) and watched her change her colostomy bag.  Go see the surgeon on the 22nd.  Thanks so much for checking Nony.